In addition to making the dishes tasty and fragrant, there are many benefits of the shallots useful for health. Delicious cooking ingredients are used as fried onions, apparently low in calories, fat-free, containing antioxidants, vitamins and minerals.
The shallots are thought to originate from China, Central Asia or Southeast Asia and existed around 2000 BC. Shallots have long been a base of Mediterranean, French, American and Dutch cuisine. These tubers are often used as one of the seasoned ingredients for salad ( seasoning ), stir-fried, fried spices and sauces to add flavor.
|Benefits of Shallots And Onion|
Benefits of Shallots And Onion
Various benefits of shallots according to their content
If judging by the contents, there are many benefits of red onions for health , here's the explanation:
- Vitamin C
Shallots contain vitamin C. Various benefits of vitamin C, including:
- Helps to protect and maintain healthy body cells,
- Helps the collagen formation and contains antioxidants that protect the body from the damage of free radicals, toxic chemicals and pollution
- Keep bones, muscles, and blood vessels.
- Increase absorption of iron by the body.
This vitamin is found in many animal and vegetable food sources, including shallots. Vitamin B6 plays a role in the formation of red blood cells. Vitamin B6 is also designed to reduce nausea and vomiting in pregnant women.
Folate (Vitamin B9)
- This nutrient is certainly not foreign to pregnant women. In 100 grams of onion, there are 30 micrograms of folate. Folate has many health benefits, such as:
- - Prevents fetal defects in the uterus and plays a role in maintaining maternal and fetal health during pregnancy. Because it does not hurt pregnant women add red onions to the daily diet to increase folate intake.
- Some studies suggest that low levels of folate in the body can cause an increased risk of cancer. Although it still needs further research, it is better to add the folic acid intake through the onions into the food.
- Together with vitamin B6 and B12, folate is thought to play a role in the prevention of heart disease and stroke.
Scalogni contains antioxidant flavonoids, which help to protect the body from free radicals and can reduce the risk of cancer, heart disease and diabetes. Laboratory studies show that the red onion extract containing these antioxidants can inhibit the growth of cancer cells. But these data have not been clinically tested.
In 100 grams of onion, there are about 330 mg of potassium. Minerals that are a type of electrolyte play a role in the regulation of nervous function, by regulating the rhythm of the heartbeat and preventing hypertension.
In addition, red onions also contain fiber, carbohydrates and water. Fiber is the intake of important nutrients that can help maintain the health of the digestive tract. One study showed that women with diabetes who ate yogurt and scallions had lower blood sugar, cholesterol and triglyceride levels than those who did not eat red onions.
Some of the benefits of shallots above have yet to be examined further. Further, it must be remembered that to get the maximum benefits of the onion, it must be accompanied by a healthy diet and lifestyle. References : https://www.alodokter.com